Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser [Part 1] Review

WHAT IS IT: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser


THE PRODUCT(S):
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser: Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser is a quick-lathering cleansing foam that thoroughly removes impurities and visibly reduces excess oil on skin’s surface, while leaving skin looking more balanced. With Imperata Cylindrica Root and Lemon Fruit Extracts, our non-stripping, sulfate-free formula leaves skin clean and refreshed without over-drying. Gentle enough for sensitive skin. Oil-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, colorant-free.



It foams really well and the foam looks smooth and creamy, as for the scent, it's really really mild and I almost couldn't detect any scent to it, but I know I did smell something really light.


VERDICT: First of all, the scent. It's really really mild and I almost couldn't detect anything at all. But yet, I know I did smell something really light, and thus unable to put my finger to it despite the product claiming to be fragrance-free. With just a small amount (roughly the size of a 5-cent ot 10-cent coin), it lathers really well and the suds looks so smooth and creamy. I was so half-tempted to lick it off my hand just because. And with facial cleanser like this that foams really well, washing my face is really easy. There's no need to rub with any more force than needed, the suds glide on my face easily. And my face felt so clean and smooth. And despite hours after using this Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser, my face doesn't look too oily at all.


What I personally like is that the sebum-free promise it gives lasts slightly longer than other facial cleansers I've used before. And do you know that it'e best to lather cleansers (for face, hair or body) into suds, and use the suds to wash? Bubbles ans suds are actually more capable of lifting dirt than directly rubbing the cleanser on our skin, face or body. And because we're using the bubbles and suds for lifting impurities and yucky stuffs from our skin and body, there's always almost no residue left behind from the cleanser itself.


I like the fact that even though I am using the sample sachets, but since I transferred everything to a re-usable pot, I am using just a whee tiny amount twice a day to cleanser my face. And from the outside of the refill pot, it looks as if I've never used it at all. Yep, just a little gives so much benefit. And throughout all these, I kept thinking that from the outside of the refill pot, it looks like I'm holding on to a little pot of clouds. Trippy huh? But well, that's what this Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser looks like when stored in a see-through re-usable pot, white and fluffy.


But on a side note, this cleanser is meant for Normal to Oily skin types, so if you have dry and/or sensitive skin, you may somehow find this facial cleanser making your face feels too taut and tight, almost to the point of over-cleansing. So, you may want to inquire at any Kiehl's outlet throughout Singapore for sample sachets before paying money for the retail version, despite the sample sachet stating that it is gentle enough for sensitive skin types. Even 2 people with the same sensitive type skin may find this product working differently, such as one feeling that it works somewhat okay while the next feels as if his/her skin is urgently in need of moisturizing after usage. So, always ask for sample sachets if you think a product could be good for you, but doesn't come in your skin type.


But since my face is of the oily variety, the cleanser just made my face feels clean and refreshed without the over-tight or over-taut sensation. It's simply smooth, clean and clear through and through, and I didn't even use any facial moisturizer immediately after washing my face with this cleanser. Partly because to judge/gauge and see if I need to since this is supposedly a "Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser" which aims to reduce excess oil and impurities, instead of removing every single trace of facial sebum.


With Imperata Cylindrica Root Lemon Fruit Extracts, this non-stripping, sulfate-free forumla promises to leave our skin clean and refreshed without feeling over-drying. That I can vouch for, since my face does feel clean and refreshed without the over-drying feeling I get with certain facial cleansers I've used over the years from my school days up till now.


  • Paraben-Free
  • Silicone-Free
  • Fragrance-Free
  • Oil-Free


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: I like the fact that I can have so much suds with just a teeny bit amount.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Previously on 13 June, Kiehl's had a Facebook promotion whereby if you flashed their page at any of their outlets, you are entitled to receive a 1 week's supply of Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil 1.2.3 sample kit. Personally, I think there are some real gems from Kiehl's, but it seems that they are more interested in picking an overall winner for their Facebook contests, than to actually let fans redeem sample kits via their Facebook page, unlike other Skin Care lines such as Mentholatum for example.


And so far, this is the only sample kit(s) Kiehl's Singapore has willingly let their fans redeem. If they do bother to let fans try sample version of their latest products every now and then, I might have been a total Kiehl's fan. If you are really interested in giving this a try as it may seem to suit you, just pop by any Kiehl's outlet throughout Singapore and ask if there's any sample sachets they are willing to give out. Pretty sure they have sample sachets for their product range, but not sure if they are willing to give them out though as I've only requested for this sample and it's my first and probably last time since they haven't been releasing new products and new samples for a while now.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt down samples :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~